This module is aimed at LGV and PCV drivers as well as Other Staff who wish to Gain a Good Understanding of Basic First Aid.
Duration and Number of Delegates
One Full Day (Minimum of 7 Hours). Maximum Number of Delegates 12.
Who Should Attend
This Module is Suitable for Category “C” and “D” Licences Holders.
To ensure delegates are:
• Aware of the Duties of a First Aider in the Workplace.
• Aware of the Procedures to Ensure the Safety of Both the First Aider(s) and the Patient.
• Aware of the Recognised First Aid Techniques.
Upon completion of the module, delegates will be able to:
• Assess a Situation and the Needs and Prioritise the Order in which First Aid is Administrated.
• Demonstrate an Understanding of Recognised First Aid Techniques.
• Understand the Need to Maintain the Safety of the Patient and the First Aider(s)
• Priorities of Treatment and Assessing the Situation.
• CPR, Unconscious Patient and the Recovery Position.
• Various Other First Aid Scenarios including Practical Exercises.
There is No Pass/Fail Element to this Course.
When completing this Module in conjunction with another Half-Day Session, delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance and have Seven Hours Periodic CPC Training Uploaded on the DVSA Recording and Evidencing Database.