This module is cover Injuries caused by Manual Handling are responsible for a significant Number of Accidents and Lost Working Time in the Workplace. This module provides Information, Advice and General Techniques for Safe Manual Techniques.
Duration and Number of Delegates
Half Day (3.5 Hours). Maximum Number of Delegates 20.
Who Should Attend
This Module is Suitable for Category “C” and “D” Licences Holders.
To ensure drivers have:
• The Ability to Define Manual Handling.
• The Ability and Understand the Dangers of Hazardous Manual Handling.
• Know How to Avoid Hazardous Manual Handling.
• Learnt Good Manual Handling Techniques.
Upon completion of the module delegates will be:
• Aware of and Understand Manual Handling Risk Assessments that Apply to their Work and Assess now to Avoid Hazardous Manual Handling.
• They will be able to Demonstrate and Apply Good Manual Handling Techniques in the Workplace.
• Understand Manual Handling and Functions of the Spine.
• Manual Handling and the Law including Risk Assessments.
• Correct Manual Handling Techniques and Equipment.
• Practical Session and Recap.
There is No Pass/Fail Element of this Course.
When completing this module in conjunction with another Half-Day Session, delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance and have Seven Hours Periodic CPC Training Uploaded on the DVSA Recording and Evidencing Database.